Ponce City Market
Ponce City Market, Atlanta, GA
Originally, the old Sears Roebuck & Company building in the Old Fourth Ward, the property's history dates back to 1928 in Atlanta. After years of neglect, a group of visionaries bought the property and began renovation in 2014. Part of the main focus was to be five openings in the second level, making an atrium for visitors to see and enjoy their favorite store or restaurant. These openings were no easy feat.
B&D provided the shoring, cutting and removal of elevated concrete in five locations, two of which were 30 feet wide by 90 feet long, seen here. B&D continued to do work for other contractors such as J.M. Wilkerson and various speciality subcontractors. During the height of work at Ponce, it was not unusual to see more than one B&D truck on any given day.
General Contractor: Gay Construction
Project Value: $400,000